News Feed: Ames Law Offices Wins Major Ruling From Complex Court For Small Massage Studio, Holding That Massage Therapists Are Independent Contractors, Not Employees.shenouda judgment and statement of decision 3-6-17
Ames Law Firm Wins for Business On Malicious Prosecution Anti-SLAPP Motion and on Defamation Action Brought By Former Employee. abs Tentative Rulings – Online Services – LA Court.
Focusing on high-stakes wrongful employment termination and business litigation, the Ames Law Firm provides aggressive and ethical legal representation in all Orange County and Los Angeles/ Long Beach courts, State or Federal, including Superior Court, U.S. District Court, and Courts of Appeal. Typically representing individuals and small companies, Ames Law Firm has achieved well over $10 million in settlements and jury verdicts against some of the nation’s largest corporations and law firms. The firm also defends small companies in business litigation. Free consultations provided, or please fill out the form providing information on your case.
Here are a few examples of the Ames law firm’s litigation successes:
- $6.3 million verdict, after a seven week jury trial, against Southern California Edison for breach of contract and business torts
- $3.2 million settlement against Jersey Central Power & Light Company for breach of contract and business torts
- $1.6 million settlement against Allstate Insurance Company, representing a company employee, for disability discrimination (multiple sclerosis), failure to engage in the interactive process, and constructive termination
- Six Figure settlement against a major theme park for disability discrimination (multiple sclerosis) and wrongful termination
- Representing a massage studio sued for a class action, massage studio wins completely, with major ruling that therapists are independent contractors, not employees.
- Representing a small business sued by a former employee, business wins underlying suit for wrongful termination, and then successfully sues opposing lawyer for malicious prosecution.
- Six Figure settlement for wrongful termination and retaliation
- Six Figure settlement for Whistleblower retaliation
- $ 1 million settlement against AT&T for breach of contract and business torts
Did you get wrongfully terminated from your job?
Did your small business get hit with a costly lawsuit?
Take the first step in your case. Please request Free Consultation today!